Friday, June 8, 2012

Where shall I begin?...maybe, about my hometown

Nice to meet you, I am a native Akita-girl who was born and grown up in Akita, the countryside of the northern part of Japan. First of all, thank you for visiting my blog! :)

From today, I will write down about my peaceful life here and want to share "something fun" in my hometown...Let's start from a brief introduction of my hometown, Akita.


Akita is located on the northern part of Japan and is famous for rice farming, sake (Japanese rice wine) and "Akita-bijin" meaning beautiful women created by the nature here.
The above photo, taken on September 2011, is one of my family's rice fields! Normally, the rice planting starts from May and its harvest is around September every year.


This is "Akita-komachi", one of the most popular rice brands in Japan! It is featuring sticky texture and sweetness as you chew. Smoking hot rice ball of the "Akita-komachi" is really good!

Well, as you know, the northern region in Japan was hit by the big earthquake and tsunami on March 11, 2011. But, my hometown, Akita, had little damage fortunately because of the solid land surrounded by the mountain range. Recently, we are living here in safe with such delicious rice! Thank God!!

But still, I realize that there are many people in the northern Japan who are suffering from the disaster even today. At the same time, I found many people there have guts to move on.
The other day, I had a chance to talk to a volunteer group consisting of the local people and many people from the world, who are working/ staying in Japan. They have been doing volunteers like raising scholarship fund, providing free fruits, removing garbage, etc... They told me that it was surprising to meet lots of people who were really cheerful and powerful to overcome the event, even if they lost their house or family members. And they gave power to the volunteers... This story was impressive and I was moved to do something for them, too.

No one knows how everyone's life goes on. So, I want to take action to live my life fully!
Well, nice to meet you all. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment