Saturday, June 9, 2012

Summer is coming! ~Omagari National Fireworks Competition~

Do you have four seasons in your country?
Yes, we do! And in Akita, we have seasonal events such as cherry blossoms festival in spring, fireworks and summer festival in summer, autumn leaves and yummy foods in fall, and skiing and snowboarding in winter. This is not all of my hometown's attractions, so you can find more entertainments here from now on. :)

One of my favorites is... "Omagari-no-Hanabi" (Omagari National Fireworks Competition), which is held in Daisen City, the southern part of Akita, on every August. Many skilled firework artisans gather from all around the nation in this event. So, a lot of visitors come there to enjoy the beautiful summer-art during this season. I am one of the audiences who love to see it! 

Have you ever been to such romantic festivals with your girlfriend or boyfriend? You can't miss it this year! 
Well, here is another local attraction that you can taste only in summer.
This is known as "Baba-hera" ice cream. It's like a sherbet (or sorbetto) featuring a cute flower shape. I have been familiar with this ice cream since I was little, but it became famous nationwide in recent years after introduced on TV. 

This is how I enjoy summer in my hometown. Hope you can also experience them in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment